Simon (was (TV) serious guitar advice needed)

Occassionaly I and tell my wife about the goings on on
this list and she asked me to ask if the British list
members remembered what the name of the children's
show was that featured a little boy named Simon who
made chalk drawings that came to life and if it is
still being played in the UK.

North Americans may remember this show being spoofed
by Mike Meyers on Saturday Night Live where he sat in
a tub with another person and called them a cheeky
monkey, are you looking at me bum, etc.

Anyways, we had this show in Canada (the original
animated children's one) when we were kids and the
theme song went

Well you know my name is Simon, and the things I draw
come true...

I think it was named Simon but she still wanted me to
check...

Just adding a new level of eclecticism to the list,

greg