Re: (TV) OT: thoughts on The Hives and the severity of their status as a schtick

The thing is, a few people _had_ raised their hands when the singer asked
who'd seen them at the same venue the previous fall, and this guy chose to
ignore that fact and just shit on EVERYBODY. I can totally understand the
point about chiding people who aren't real music fans and will "me too" and
bandwagon whenever a band becomes wildly successful, but come on -telling a
WHOLE crowd, which no doubt contained some actual long-time fans of the band,
that they were moronic and worthless...that just smacks of pure egotism to
me. Which the guy's more than welcome to do. If he wants to speed up the
process of washing-up, he very well can, I guess it's his career. Hearing
about the whole incident sure as hell didn't help to validate them in my
mind, even as a misinformed nostalgiac retread band...

-nick keiser