(TV) Re: Dylan etc.

Ray,

No need to feel jealous about the Dylan CD-R's.  I'd be glad to burn a few
copies in my spare time (list is at:
http://www.phishhook.com/cgi-bin/gotolist.cgi?login=steverovner).  I've made
it through about half of them, and am just amazed at his songwriting and
performing ability.  For years and years I could not listen to Dylan...I
think it was the voice.  Then, last year, something just "clicked" and I've
been on a massive Dylan binge ever since.  And, it's the "voice" that draws
me in.   I've read Heylin's revised book, Sounes' and 2 Paul Williams books
(the "Performing Artist" series.  I like them the best, as they focus on
Dylan's performances, are easy to read, and are quite insightful).  Next up
is Michael Gray's 1,000 page Song & Dance Man III !

While you might be jealous of my Dylan CD-R's, you wouldn't be of my
Television CD-R's.  I just found out that most of them are damaged, most
likely due to being stored in an un-air-conditioned warehouse here in
tropical Florida for over a year (while I was looking for a house to buy).
Quite disappointing to say the least.  So, anyone who has any Television
CD-R's and wants to contribute to the "Help Steve restore his Television and
Tom Verlaine CD-R Collection" by burning me a copy (I'll provide the
blanks), just drop me a line.  It's not tax deductible, but a worthy cause
nonetheless!

- Steve