(TV) Best punk

Excuse me but did I hear someone mention X? Surely the Sydney X and not the
wimpy LA one? I realise bugger all people here will have heard of the Sydney
band but they wiped the floor with most anything else. It was (like most
punk) a bastard mix of 50s and 60s R n R but they were the most intense
music around.

No-one's mentioned Radio Birdman - and I'll use any excuse. They eschewed
the "punk" label (pre-dating it by two years and drawing more from people
like the Stones and the Stooges while displaying a strong surf streak).
Their course ran concurrently with that of the Saints but for mine they were
way better.

Birdman ended up going to England too after signing to Sire, ran foul of the
music press and then imploded after a Euro tour with the Flamin' Groovies.
The recent run of reunion shows (their third Australian tour since 1996) was
sensational.

Craig

The I-94 Bar: Sydney Rock Action via The Bowery and Motor City
http://www.i94bar.com
PO Box 105  Mortdale  2223  Australia