Re: (TV) VU in mono

Hard to tell, because in college I only listened to the VU & NICO on crappy
speakers or my walkman, and now I've got a grown-up stereo system... but it
does seem noticeably more compressed, and certain elements (like the main
guitar riff in "Waiting for the Man") seem more central than they do in the
stereo mix. All in all, I think I prefer it, but I'm not in position to compare
as I would be with, say, a Beatles album, PET SOUNDS, or ODESSEY AND ORACLE
when it comes to the mono vs. stereo debate.

--Philip