(TV) new here

new to list.  have loved television since i was a kid.
 will always remember mom grabbing my copy of
"adventure" from the turntable and smashing it.  it
was my favorite guitar piece ever.  left home after
that.

haven't "studied" television per se, and would like to
introduce a question.

how would any of you characterize the quality of tom
verlaine / television as being different from most
other punk?  getting at -- in television i don't see
so much anger, nihlism, rebellion for its own sake,
obnoxiousness for its own sake, etc.  this being
similar to patti smith, maybe...who said she never
could relate to the nihlism of the pistols, etc. --
that she was in general much more about life.

i may also be thinking of tv post richard h. -- since
to me he more so epitomizes that side of punk -- the
negative energy, if i may.  and did a difference in
views of this sort have any part in hell's departure?

would love to know what verlaine may have said about
any of this, and your thoughts.  thanks.

robin

p.s.  can **anyone** help me with the acoustic
verlaine show at slim's?