Re: (TV) new here

> I've been a fan of Television since the 70's and
> really enjoyed Hell's
> contributions to the band as much as I've enjoyed
> all the other musicians involved. I'm a big fan of
> the Voidoids also, I
> especially like Ivan Julian's playing. I've never
> thought of Richard Hell as
> a negative
> influence on anyone. It's not his fault that Malcolm
> McClaren stole his
> style and pushed it on the Sex Pistols who he was
> then managing.

i love richard hell's stuff too.  but don't you think
there is a difference in style and approach between
him and verlaine (limiting this discussion for the
moment to their early work).  what did verlaine write
comparable to "blank generation" or "fuck rock and
roll", in terms of tone?  i don't mean to put down
punk -- just asking what makes tv different from other bands.