Re: From: "Dennis D" <dend@nyc.rr.com> Subject: Re: (TV) new here

In a message dated 8/12/2002 11:27:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmg.interport@rcn.com writes:

> You know what I'm sayin'?

Absolutely, and I couldn't agree more.

I definitely have favorites, but I'm not worried about whether, say Tom
Verlaine is a better or worse guitarist than Richard Thompson (although I do
tend to notice great vs. not-so-great, just two big categories).

And yes, something just catches me in the music I love ... Verlaine's solo on
the live "Always" on THE MILLER'S TALE (my personal favorite of Tom's) gets
me not because of the technical ability, but by the sheer power of the song.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert