Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd is my #5, some other possibilities / good writing i s rewrite, rewrite, rewrite!

Leo presented a very interesting and overall admirable list of top guitarists. However, I've got to demur on a couple of points:

Chick Corea [just "Live at the Village Gate"],

Chick Corea, the _pianist_, is one of your favorite guitarists? Might you mean Larry Coryell? A little All-Music Guide research shows that he (not to mention lots of other folks) had an album called "Live at the Village Gate."

Lindsey Buckingham [he, of course, later teamed up with the horrible Stevie Nicks to make
Fleetwood Mac  a Clinton soundtrack [just his cd "Future Games"]

But "Future Games" is a pre-Buckingham Fleetwood Mac record on which Bob Welch and Danny Kirwan played the guitars....

And Leo relegated to the over-rated:

Jimi Hendrix [just a personal taste thing: I find his guitar tone unappealing.
His playing is always technically brilliant, but it doesn't move me on an
emotional level at all. I think there's too much masculinity, if that's actually
possible for a guitarist, in his playing as well.

Too much masculinity? I've got just two words for you, Leo: "Little Wing."

- Jesse