Re: (TV) More info..../Clash

I remember when they used 'should I stay ...' as the jeans advert and strummer said at the time that it got the okay from the band (so I guess they had some form of veto) because they all wore jeans and it was just a fun song anyway so why not

so do they all drink smirnoff ice and drive jaguars these days ? - I saw the advert when I was over in the states the other week and I thought it was for minis, but thats mibbe just my mind playing tricks on me. again.

a suicide demo was used on an ad recently, so when are we going to see call Mr Lee used as an advert for my local chinese take away ?

From: robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) More info..../Clash
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:45:26 -0700 (PDT)

> That's why all those Beatles songs were used in
> commercials , because
> Michael Jackson owned the rights and sold them to
> the advertisers.

right, mj owned them -- not the band.  and i'm sure he
bought them from someone else -- not the band (i think
he has had to sell them due to financial collapse --
read that his last album cost, like, $20 million to
make, if you can believe that).  i don't think bands
who record for big labels generally own the rights to
the material they record.

another thought -- the commercials could be a
subversive joke made by someone at an ad agency.