Re: (TV) More info..../Clash

and personality crisis for a car ad, 2 velvet underground ads (its always weird when the mo tucker one comes on) and the passenger as well

you couldnt hear that stuff on the radio at the time and now its being used to sell things, its pretty weird

but good I think

From: robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) More info..../Clash
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

> a suicide demo was used on an ad recently, so when
> are we going to see call
> Mr Lee used as an advert for my local chinese take
> away ?

don't forget patti smith recently for some perfume,
and iggy for...mazda?  i think his comment was, he
didn't mind at all, they could use his stuff to sell
sausages.

so really, probably more people have been exposed to
punk in the u.s. now through commercials then were
ever exposed directly.  and today that stuff sounds
pretty mainstream...the general public not even making
the association.