Re: (TV) More info....

In a message dated 9/3/2002 9:03:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
olcsvary@icehouse.net writes:
> And on an unrelated note, does
> anyone else find it disturbing that the Clash's music is now being used to
> sell Jaguars?

That's always an issue I've felt conflicted on ... on one hand, a song is a
piece of art and I'd rather not see it sold out for commerical use. On the
other hand, the song does belong to the songwriter, if they want to sell it,
fine.

All that said, The Clash one really struck me odd too ... it just seems wrong
for a punk band to be helping sell luxury cars.

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert