(TV) Tom in San Francisco 1988

I was reading old e-mail when I found a post about Tom's solo show in
San Francisco Oct. 25, 1988. Brian asked about a song which sounded like
"Beautiful Hell." I thought it was "Beautiful El": "I took a walk in
beautiful El." A town named after a woman. Or it might be related to a
lyric on Cover about  wandering into someone's "touch". Maybe he was
singing the song in San Francisco because it was my birthday and my name
is L. Touch. I don't think it's about Richard Hell but you never know.