(TV) The Cars Reference

>From an interview with Richard (which used to be on the site but no
longer):

"I can tell you that when we were on tour in England to support "Marquee
Moon", Elektra sent us the advance pressing of The Cars' first album,
and that's what we heard on the bus and said "Uh-oh, this is us,
musically us but commercial. All their money's gonna go into this and
they're gonna forget about us." Because, see, Elektra didn't have
anything like Television, and all of a sudden they have The Cars. Now,
you might not think that's a striking similarity but it's enough..."