(TV) Collector's Choice reissues - just got 'em

I just got my copies of ALCHEMY and TOM VERLAINE.

First, I didn't realize that Collector's Choice CDs are manufactured by Rhino.
Interesting.

Both CDs look nicely done, although clearly they didn't have access to any
extra photos. Both CDs just make use of the original front/back cover photos,
and the inlay photos (like the one of Tom at the piano). Graphically, they're
better than those super skimpy budget Virgin CDs in Verlaine's catalog, but not
much.

Verlaine's liner notes are entertaining. They really make me wonder if he reads
this list, because he spends a good deal of time explaining the origins or
"Yonki Time" and "Mr. Bingo" (two old MM list topics). He also name-checks the
elusive Tom Thompson right at the very beginning and explains why John Jansen
(producer of ADVENTURE) only engineered "Last Night", but not anything else on
the LP.

The liner notes for ALCHEMY were written by Jamie Pilkimgton - does that name
sound familiar to anyone?

Both CD reissues give thanks to "Mark Pinkus, Dave Kapp, and Mason Williams".
Does anyone recognize those names? I'd like to personally thank those guys!
(TOM VERLAINE also thanks Tom Verlaine, probably since he actively participated
in the reissue).

I'm at work, so I haven't had a chance to listen to these yet, but I will
tonight. I'm especially curious to see if TOM VERLAINE is just a straight copy
of the existing Japanese/UK/German CDs, or a new remastering. I suspect (and
hope) the latter, as both CDs list Bob Fisher under "Mastered By". I'll have to
do an A/B comparison on my computer so my ears don't fool me.

Once again, it's great to see these two albums reissued. Thanks Collector's
Choice. And thanks to Tom for writing these liner notes!

--Philip