Re: (TV) conclusion on the TOM VERLAINE remaster...

In a message dated 9/24/2002 6:02:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pobbard@yahoo.com writes:
> I still think this might have been a mistake - getting the wrong tapes from
> Elektra. Otherwise, don't you think Collector's Choice would have
> advertised it
> as "Restored", like Rhino did with LOADED a few years ago? E.g., "Now
> restored
> to Tom Verlaine's original mix"?

You've got a REAL good point there. Assuming this was planned and understood
(possibly too large an assumption), they'd be crazy not to hype this as a
brand new Verlaine-approved mix. Anyone who already has the CD would now feel
that they need to get the (presumably) new and improved model.

My bet is definitely on ignorance on Collector's Choice part, and possibly
further up the line.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
   -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert