Re: (TV) Songs that Aren't your favorites

At 12:02 PM -0400 10/2/02, Casey, Leo J wrote:
Possible interesting future thread on MM list?:
Songs of Television/TV that are your *least favorites*

I'd have to say, of all of them, it's "This Tune." It's a cringer. There's not much happening musically, and the lyrics are throwaways. I felt a bit better about it live in Chicago, but on the third CD, it just doesn't do it for me. I know "Mars" holds that position for a lot of people, but I think "Mars" is superior to "This Tune," just for that extra-weird Jandekian quotient of the screaming. And I dig the twisted tones and soloing, too.

I'm fine with everything on _MM_ and _Adventure_, particularly "Foxhole," as *that's* the tune on which I first heard TV *really* solo. I still remember that moment--it was like having the ceiling *and* the floor torn away from my understanding of music.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/