Re: (TV) Soft Boys Nextdoorland

seeing them on the 21st and looking forward to it.

--- Brian Young <raggedglory57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> The AMG had this to say about the latest Soft Boys:
>
> As a guitarist, Robyn Hitchcock has never had a
> better foil than Kimberley
> Rew, and their interplay on these songs is simply
> superb; after several
> acoustic-based albums, it's a pleasure to hear
> Hitchcock play electric
> guitar again, and his best moments with Rew recall
> the otherworldly
> six-string symbiosis of Tom Verlaine and Richard
> Lloyd.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

=====
I grasp at life's fading light/I need you tonight/I need to be heard/Your actions speak louder than words/Ignored by you all/I stumble and fall/I suddenly knew/My life meant nothing at all/In shreds, I stare down at the street/Yearning for sleep/That blissful escape/But when it comes it's always too late/The whore in my bed/The noise in my head/A hole in my pride/It's coming and there's nowhere to hide/It seems to me to be self-contradictory/It seems to me you count your victories while they're there
                                  --The Chameleons