(TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #782

> Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:03:40 -0000
> From: "Raymond" <ray@wavewalker.freeserve.co.uk>
> Subject: (TV) my ears my ears
>
> i survived two nights of MBV on _THAT_ tour at full-on earbleeding volume
> but then i stood directly in front of a 4X12 myself for fifteen years-i've
> had my ears tested and they're not too bad at all all things
considered-who
> wants to hear the same frequencies as dogs anyway?  :-^

Ray,  my ears are still bleeding from the time you had Rollerskate Skinny
supporting you at Coventry Tic Toc,   They managed to clear the room in
seconds, I cannot express how painful it was, mind you one of them was
related to Kevin Sheilds, so it was in the blood!!!!!!

> the thing that pissed me off most about the MBV gigs is that i found out
> afterwards that the band were all wearing plugs-

LIGHTWEIGHTS!!!!!

> anyone here catch the Sex Pistols classic album prog on ITV last week?
> fanbloodybollocktastic it was-what an utterly life-changing and brillant
> band they were (until Matlock went and Sid came on the scene that
is) -only
> downside was having to endure Talcy Malcy McLaren's usual
self-aggrandising
> drivel-it's clear that he still has no real understanding of why the band
> were/are so great plus he also had the most ludicrously poofed- up and
> over-coiffured little Lord Fauntleroy haircut i've ever seen in my life -
> WANKER!

Well Said that Man!!!!!   Totally Agree,  McLaren lives in his own fantasy
land where he is the creator of everything.

Bit disturbing though was the sight of Steve Jones, He appears to have no
neck now!!!!!!!!

> still buzzing fron the Pistols music mind ....ah man what a band...how
great
> was it to be young and alive and have this as the soundtrack to yer yoof?
it
> was feckin A1 that's what it was
>
> why them youngsters today..... (enter men with white coats)

The youth of today are so lucky what with all these karoke puppets to luck
up to, I just wish I was young again....NOT!

Anyway back to lurking now............All the Best........Steve