Re: (TV) OT: "This is the last you'll hear from me"

At 7:39 PM -0800 11/21/02, Philip P. Obbard wrote:
 But even after all this time, I can barely tell the two
versions of "Scientist" apart... I'm impressed, Maurice!

Musically very similar if not just different mixes of the same tracks, but the vocals are completely different takes, and the lyrics are different. "Two men on a train..." instead of "It's snowing again..." I've always loved the line "Outside my window there's a tree so white I can hardly look at it," which I think is missing in the Paris version.

Good luck in the land of the broadband-less. If we don't hear from you in a
week, I'll try to get one of these setup for you:
http://www.computerworld.com/mobiletopics/mobile/story/0,10801,75830,00.html

Thanks!  This is way cool!  I've heard about it.

I'm not _completely_ without options, as I have a wireless card in my slightly crippled (hinge problems; potentially expensive repair) laptop. But there's the nearby coffee shop with 802.11b, and my drummer has an Airport network he's offered to me if I need the bandwidth. But it looks like we'll be down for a lot less time than I'd expected. And as I say, I'll still be checking through dialup.

-M
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/