Re: (TV) OT: Ween's rejected Pizza Hut jingles

> In all honesty, the tune is brilliant--quite catchy, with a hell of a
> hook.  Dennis should be proud.
>
> http://www.chocodog.com/chocodog/ween/ween_new/audio.html
>
> (I can see why they rejected Cheese 2, however.)

Mickey (Dean Ween) posted this on the Ween forum, sorry for perpetuating
this off topic post but I thought a few of you might be interested in why
the song didn't get used.

 well, i really feel like it could've been an amazingly succesful song for
them but the way it went down was just bad luck on our part. pizza hut's
advertising is very straightforward and hokey, but they hired the most
cerebral ad agency in the world to change their image. this ad agency are
the same people that brought you all of those classic nike commercials, like
the Y2K commercial where the guy wakes up on new year's day 2000 and the
world is coming to an end as he jogs. their commercials usually don't have
any talking and very rarely do you even see the product in their ads. The ad
agency were the ones who got fired from the gig, and not Ween. I felt like
if the ad agency that pizza hut USUALLY uses had commssioned us to write the
song they would've definitely used the track---on a side note, there is a
website that features a different "weird" mp3 every day, and yesterday they
chose "where'd the cheese go" and linked to ween.com. I woke up yesterday to
find that my inbox had about 100 emails from strangers with the subject line
"where'd the cheese go?" On a side note, we did get paid a lot of money to
do the song even though they didn't use it, so technically we could get in a
lot of trouble for posting it, as we don't own it. I will be taking it down
very soon. there are also 5 other songs we did for them that i haven't
posted---i will probably leak them out on usenet someday.

and that's the whole story.
-mickey