RE: (TV) $1,000,000,000

>...as Gene Simmons said (paraphrasing), "If the critics were
>right, we'd all be listening to the New York Dolls and Patti Smith."

Ah-- got to disagree a little here: Simmon's statement/logic
is pure sophistry of the worst sort (but then he's an
fff--ing idiot).

The critics could very well have been right that the
New York Dolls and Patti Smith made better music than most.

It *doesn't* then follow that the commercial public would then adopt
the critics' choices.

Leo the logician