Re: (TV) Telling a Vision

i think Television is a brillant snappy instantly memorable name for a >band i'm sure when Hell thought of it marketing issues and the >internet were the two furthest things from his mind

Sorry, Raymond, as much as I respect your opinion, we're gonna have to agree to disagree about this one. If Tell a Vision was a witty observation, why wasn't it used for the boob tube? As a reason for the name of the band, it's trite and one dimensional.

So, Hell is to blame for it? I always figured it was Tom, since the initials TV=Television and the band was his artistic statement.

now the Pixies (great great band)...the Police ...THOSE are terrible >names

Yeah, it was overstatement to say the name Television sucks. It just does not measure up to the greatness of the music. It's nowhere near as bad of a band name as say, Ass Poneys.

Cheers,

Brian