(TV) tom & jerry

From: KongGod1@webtv.net writes

The quote that was posted re: Television
by Dave Marsh confirms what I've always
suspected: Dave is an asshole. Does anyone (besides Dave) see Tom as
being
"Jerry Garcia-influenced"? Just wondering.

yes. dave marsh is a kind of a moron but this has been my theory since MM came out. i heard jerry in tom's playing then & still hear it today. it's been dismissed many times on the list, however. both tom & jerry excel in extended soloing. in my world tom would have joined the dead after jerry's death & made those boys play w/some fire & life again. & before you cooler- than-thou mock garcia's ability, listen to "live dead" & call me back. truthfuly, weir is a crappy rythmn player.
sam