Re: (TV) ICE Magazine CD Watchdog - Phil Obbard makes the news...

--- Brian Young <raggedglory57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That's my favorite live album of all time. I bought the EG Records version
> of the cd. Are you referring to the re-release with the 2 extra songs on it?
> If so, how was that botched?

1. Minor problem: The two "new" songs are restored to their original place in
the running order (smack in the middle), but are mixed VERY differently - much
quieter, much more dynamic. The original LP mix - very compressed - was
unchanged. It makes for a listening experience that compells you to change the
volume when the bonus tracks start and then again when they finish. It sounds
as if the bonus tracks were mixed without regard to the sound of the original
LP.

2. Major problem: On the original LP, "Third Uncle" ends the LP abruptly - the
LP literally stops when the song does. On the reissue, THEY FADED THE SONG OUT!
It was a mistake, but apparently no-one listened to an entire test pressing
before releasing it. Nothing like a "live" album fading out, huh?

--Philip