(TV) What Would You Have Named The Band?

Just out of curiosity, what would you have named Television? What name
would best suit their beautiful but dissonant music? What name would
have attracted just the right attention?

I don't think Hell and Verlaine were calculating enough to think of the
perfect name. They thought themselves pretty shrewd in those days but
they were actually hayseeds, which was part of their charm. I remember
Hell saying he liked Television because it was associated with a common
everyday object (like Warhol tomato cans?) and of course Verlaine liked
T.V. because of his initials, and he liked the pun with mystical
connotations ("tell-a-vision") obscure connotations that the general
public wouldn't notice or much care about. Verlaine often fails to see
the big picture, and that has led to tragedy at times, but I still love
him.