Re: (TV) Television: the name

In a message dated 1/28/2003 12:25:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
olcsvary@icehouse.net writes:

> Let's see.  Just off the top of my head, there's The Cars, Boston, the
> Chocolate Watchband, Stawberry Alarm Clock, Talking Heads, 13th Floor
> Elevators, Jefferson Airplane, and the tragically mispelled Beatles, Byrds
> and Limp Bizkit - hell, why *not* call a band Television?

For me, Television was also a name that conjured up no image at all, which
was OK with me ... didn't bias me.

I saw REM here in Columbus once with 10,000 Maniacs opening. I figured a band
called 10,000 Maniacs just *had* to be a noisy, Husker Du-ish punk trio.

       -- Owen

PS: Should that have been Husker Du-esque?

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert