Re: (TV) Television: the name

In message <005e01c2c6da$c7f9c400$344b893e@baka>, Raymond <ray@wavewalker.freeserve.co.uk> writes
obviously more than a
few people on this list have never been in a band and tried to find a name
that all members can agree on...i tell you it can be a pain in the ass and a
major bone of contention at times

Indeed, and it's purely a matter of taste/sensibility.
When my (long-gone) band had its first gig we didn't yet have a name so I called us "Trevor and The Aliens" 'cos it seemed like dumb/fun idea at the time. A friend reacted by saying, "What a stupid name! you might as well call it, er... I dunno,.. 'Rupert and The Mudguards'!" My immediate reaction was, "Rupert and The Mudguards! Even better! What a great name!" And so it was.
One man's meat etc...

(however, Ray, That Petrol Emotion was/is a _great_ name!)
--
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk