(TV) Quasi-Yeats / Contest

>From "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV>:
>
> The first 3 people who can identify passage below and its
> 'connection' to Yeats, will be given the exact GPS co-ordinates
> of the CC's upcoming cd drop/dump into the Atlantic, rented
> row boats and nets.
> 	Leo

Don't recognize the quote, so have to rely on textual evidence:

> "...in the old days people had a Jesus and those people to
> embrace... They created a god with all their belief energies...

Ugh...the New Age/spirtualist use of "energy".    Probably an
American....

> and when they didn't dig themselves they could lose themselves
> in the Lord.  But it's too hard now. We're earthy people and
> the old saints just don't make it, and the old God is just too

Definitely an American.   "dig"--either this was written around
1965-1975, or the author is a hippie.

> far away. He don't represent our pain no more. His words

"no mo'" Feining black English--uptight liberal American.

> don't shake through us no more. Any great motherfucker

Can say "motorscooter"--obviously in touch with the comman man.
But not a hippie.  Must be late 60s early 70s...sound more like
East Coast than West Coast.

> rock'n'roll song can raise me higher than all of Revelations.
> We created rock'n'roll from our own image, it's our child....
> a new savior, rockin' toward Bethlehem to be born."

This is prophetic yammering, but rather clever.  Let's see...who's
a rocker who is given to prophetic yammering about Jesus...um,
Patti Smith?

Mark