Re: (TV) Re: Foxhole

Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> It's a fabulous guitar solo - every time I hear it I wish they did more
> with the same feel.
>
> (I always thought the song was somewhat ironic in tone, but then I'm
> English, so...)

Maybe I did miss the point.  The song could be ironic: the music
as well as the words.

That would explain the unattractive, metal-ish chords in the
rhythm guitar at the beginning, which sound like Ted Nugent
(well, not quite that bad, but you get the idea).

I'm afraid that musical irony is apt to be missed by the audience,
at least by clods like me.  Probably better not to attempt it unless
it's a crude parody like Spinal Tap (very funny, those guys!).

Mark