(TV) Back on Topic: Verlaine & Coca Cola

According to Verlaine's cousin, Lois, who once
signed Howard Webb's Television web-site's
Guest book, Verlaine recently signed a
lucrative contract with Coca Cola.

The deal allows the company to feature some
of Tom's old songs' melodies, along with new
Verlaine lyrics in Coke commercials.

First ad will use 'Let Go the Mansion'.
Verlaine has added high, ringing harmonics
to the song's finale, and has written some
new lyrics----sample snippet:

"Let Go the Pepsi, Rita,
Leave it alone."

Verlaine will now be financially secure for
life. In addtion to buying a ranch
in Wyoming, he is planning on releasing a slew
of previously recorded material---including
(but not limited to) live material recorded
with Ficca and boyhood chums at Wilmington High.

Verlaine's lawyer amended his original Coke
contract by inserting a codicil that exempts the
reclusive songwriter from ever having to drink
Coke. Sources say TV has drunk nothing but bottled
water since the 'Dreamtime ' tour.

	Leo

PS: The principal reason Coca Cola believes
"Let Go the (Mansion) Pepsi" will work is
that during focus-group-testing, the song had
an almost hypnotic effect.

[Greg Luvvox: "....is very catchy, so is 'Let
Go The Mansion'. It's incessant. It's like,
okay I'll let go the freakin mansion already."]