RE: (TV) OT -- need help from gear heads

"In 1965 Gordon Moore, founder of Intel, predicted that computer chip capacity would double every two years. It has turned out that over time, Moore's Law has shown that computer capacity doubles about every 18 months. The same will hold true with Smart card chips. Increased computing capacity means increased program applications. Because Smart cards need to remain secure, a great deal of storage space is devoted to security by way of encryption keys. That leaves precious little room on the chip for application software (operating systems) and less still for re-writeable information. As capacity increases, Smart cards with multiple applications and respectable storage will be the norm, making them not only viable, but desirous to the public."

http://www.arda.org/industry/arda/newsletter/articles/apr97-66.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Simpson [mailto:SSimpson@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 3:54 PM
To: 'tv@obbard.com'
Subject: (TV) OT -- need help from gear heads

Hi,

I'm jumping through a final ring to get my dream job and need to write a proposal for MRI funding.

Can any of you tell me the name of somebody's Law or Constant that predicts that computer capacity will double every six months?

This should jar some brain cells in some of you.

Mercy bou coup.

Scott, NYC