(TV) RT an influence on TV?

>From a recent posting to the Richard Thompson discussion list:<<<  Has
Tom Verlaine ever cited RT as an influence ?  The BBC review of TOKB
goes so far
as to say that without RT, there would be no Tom Verlaine, and there
certainly is a
similarity in their styles.  They're the only two guitar players I can
think
of whose
styles are referred to by critics as "angular". >>> I know there's
been some discussion here about Thompson - there's definitely an overlap
of listeners - has Verlaine himself ever admitted to owning a Fairport
record or two? TOKB = The Old Kit Bag, Thompson's new album (not yet
released in the states)