RE: (TV) Leo's Report/Review

All true, but....

Liam was/is Chris's best friend. Chris named his son Liam, so what does that
tell you?

Liam didn't just "write a bunch of the early rachel sweet & jane aire
tunes." He was the Phil Spector of Kent, OH (sorry, Liam). He found the
talent, devised the creative concept, wrote the songs, produced the records,
sold the records to Stiff and the various other emerging labels in the
mid-70's, etc. etc. etc.

Liam inspired Chris to create the "vapor" band the Waitresses for a
self-produced, self-financed single back in 1976 or so, with a master plan
for world domination to go with it. Chris hasn't stopped since. He was
determined to become the Joe Meek of the 1980's and 1990's. Now he's just
gone off the edge being Chris Butler, the templates being too confined to
hold his ideas.

By the way, Liam wrote "Walk Like an Egyptian" for the Bangles, no doubt
pocketing a nice chunk of change at the time, and probably still. He also
produced an album for Ratt, but we forgive him.

-Jim K.