Re: (TV) XTC

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:23:27 -0700 (PDT)
secretX@webtv.net wrote:
> Verlaine had the first two XTC records and was interested in the band's
> problem with stage fright (or whatever it was).

I'm a huge fan of XTC, have been since '79.  I almost saw them in '82;
they played Providence and were going on to play at the spring festival
at the college I used to attend in Pittsburgh.

Unfortunately, I was broke in those days, so I passed on the Prov. show
since I had great tix to see them in Pittsburgh, but in the week or so
between the 2 shows, Andy Partridge had his meltdown and the band never
played live again, dammit!

Anyone looking to check out this band should look for English Settlement,
Black Sea, Skylarking, Apple Venus and/or Wasp Star.