(TV) Who played guitar on The Wonder?

Keith wrote:
> So is there/who is second guitar on The Wonder?

I don't know, but my guess is that Tom played all the guitar parts himself.

I'm listening to the album again and enjoying it more than ever. As with
Flash Light, the only weak track is the first one. While it isn't as
consistently brilliant as Flash Light, it is still very impressive. I rate
Pillow, Five Hours From Calais, and Prayer as masterpieces. August and
Ancient Egypt are very fine, and there are various touches of genius in the
other tracks.

Amazing that it wasn't released in the U.S.

Another thing about it is that the CD is marked ADD -- it is digitally
remastered. The sound is much brighter and clearer than the Flash Light CD.
(I just bought Flash Light on vinyl for the first time, secondhand. Haven't
had much chance to listen to it yet -- I no longer own a turntable -- but
it's certainly a different listening experience...)

Anyway, if there was any justice, the Verlaine solo albums would be
available as repackaged, remastered CDs, or perhaps the best tracks (most of
them!) collected on a double CD release to complement The Miller's Tale.

Returning to the folk-rock/Fairport association of ideas (and Richard
Thompson has often been mentioned in the same breath as Tom Verlaine), I
suggest that Tom's best work be rereleased with the same care and attention
to detail that Island Remasters have given to Liege & Lief, the outstanding
1969 album from Fairport.

--JoeT