(TV) Royalties: Do the Simple Math/Carlucci lost archived post?

It is unlikely TV makes more than half of
what he needs per year from Bowie having
performed Tom's "Kingdom Come" on Scary Monsters.

Granted the song does appear on both:
Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) [1980]
and Sound + Vision [Box] [1989] ,

but at 8 cents per song these two albums would have
to sell 500,000 combined total copies for Tom to
receive $40,000 per year.
http://www.ascap.com/musicbiz/money-mechanicals.html

My best estimates [and Philip (or others) please jump
in as you know more about Bowie's music and sales] are
that in 1980s at the pinnacle of Bowie's commercial sales,
Bowie was selling 250,000 total copies of just Scary Monsters
(worldwide), and then in 1989 and 1990s,the combined total
copies of these two records (Sound + Vision [Box] and
Scary Monsters was only about 300,000 ---except for the first
year of Sound & Vision's release when total combined spiked at
650,000 worldwide.

This means that Verlaine would have received $20,000 per year
from 1980 to 1988 about $52,000 in 1989 and $24,000 since 1989.

Now let's get real:  due to record company under-reporting sales
and due to Bowie's real sales of these 2 albums being about one-half
of what is stated above, TV would have received (again at 8 cents
a song) about  $18,000 per year from 1980 to 1988; $25,000 in
1989 and $11,000 since 1989.

I'd wager TV makes more from his buying/reselling of vintage guitars and
amps than from royalties--albeit given TV'S legendary frugal lifestyle and
spending habits, he doesn't require a lot of dough (I, of course have not
included other sources, such as his producer credit fees and all the money
J.K. and I send him).

His 4 biggest expenses: imported cigarettes/coffee; airplane tickets;
his co-op mortgage payments; and voluminous quantities of used paperbacks.

	Leo
PS: There's a very illuminating post from Michael Carlucci in the
MM List Archives that I can't find in which Michael claims Tom lives
off being Tom Verlaine--e.g..., producing albums for others.