Re: (TV) Royalties: Do the Simple Math/Carlucci lost archived post?

Hi Leo,

> Bowie was selling 250,000 total copies of just Scary Monsters
> (worldwide), and then in 1989 and 1990s,the combined total
> copies of these two records (Sound + Vision [Box] and
> Scary Monsters was only about 300,000 ---except for the first
> year of Sound & Vision's release when total combined spiked at
> 650,000 worldwide.

I'm not sure you're figures are right Leo. Scarey Monsters has sold
350,000 in Britain alone. It was his most succesful album there since
Station To Station. Worldwide sales are closer to the million mark.

You can add to this the approximate 300,000 worldwide sales of The
Banshees' Through The Looking Glass album which contained Little
Johnny Jewel. However, sales of that have probably been dead since
1993. The Banshees catalogue is now to all intents dead.

You also have to add PRS royalties for televison and radio. Though I'm
sure neither are falling over themselves to play Television stuff, there
may be income there. There's also PRS royalties from live
performances.

It's not going to be a lot, but it's a bit more than the figure you've
mentioned.

Cliff

P.s. Did you get the CDs?

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
New revised paperback edition available from:
www.helterskelterbooks.com