Re: (TV) Slimy Wynn-fan Compared to TV, himself / Biog. Research / Send Qs & Tape Requests

Leo,

If you want an extra chapter for your book I could
give you the scoop on his tour thorough Saskatchewan
in 1987 to promote the released-in
Canada-and-on-cassette-only "Cave Man."  He did it in
an effort to be able to bring two cartons of Export
A's back to the US duty free and also so he could have
real coca-cola, not that fructose concoction only
available in the US.  Anyways, as a reporter for the U
of Sask's Sheaf We had some laughs, smoked some
cigerates (myself Export A lights, Greens cause cancer
you know) as I joined Tom at club dates in Saskatoon,
Regina (ryhmes with Va....(really only in Saskatchewan
is Regina pronounced this way), Moose Jaw and
Melville.  In fact, in a nicotine and caffeine induced
haze, Tom told me that he actually composed Richard
Lloyd's hit, Gotta Dance.  My time with Tom sadly
ended when he insisted I join him on stage for the
Melville show.  He was really upset when I showed him
and Jim Rip up, little did he know I was a provincial
icon at that time, in the same way as Rene Simard was
to Quebec in the 70's, but thats another story...

greg

--- "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:

> I have asked for and received permission from Philip
>
> to post some news.
>
> Due to the kind help of Ms SecretX (with whom I have
>
> been discreetly collaborating on a kiss-tell-all
> biography of Tom),

- Snipped for your reading pleasure -