RE: (TV) Motown

At 2:27 PM -0700 5/18/03, Michael Olcsvary wrote:
Or a DVD drive for your PC.  By the way, Keith, the folks at Alfred Music
tell me there's no way there'll be a "Marquee Moon" player piano roll.  So
much for analog...

I don't know if I'd classify player piano rolls as "analog." I recall a Fresh Air interview with Les Paul in which he said that when he was a kid, he noticed that when he slowed down the gramophone, the pitch of the music slowed. But when he slowed down the player piano, the pitch didn't change, and wondering why the two were different is what set him off on investigating recording technology.

Speaking of piano rolls, how about Conlon Nancarrow's Study 3a? Wild stuff--sounds like the kids are hopped up on goofballs.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/