RE: (TV) Huh? / Christmas Eve

Philip,

I was hoping nobody would find out about this until
its actual release in September, but now that the
cat's out of the bag, I'll confess that David Keenan
is actually my pen-name.

The paperback in question includes detailed journal entries
from 1981 thru 2001 of my dreams in which Tom Verlaine is
one of the main characters along with yours truly.

Continuum Publishing's small stable of illustrators have
rendered some really nice black and white tableaux that
try to capture for 6 of the 14 dreams symbolic moments
(they based their pictorial representations on a
tape/dream-history that I sent along with my unedited manuscript).

A preview of just one:

It's very late Christmas Eve 1981. Leo and K. are looking
for a cheap Christmas tree as they drive around Dorchester.
As we slowly approach Ashmont Station (a stop on Boston's Red Line)
on Dorchester Avenue from the South, in K's old Datsun, we can
see Tom and his back-up band (consisting of Fred Smith on bass,
Jay Dee Daugherty on drums and Jimmy Rip[p] on guitar) playing
their instruments and using three microphone stands, about 10
feet back from the sidewalk with a gasoline generator for power.

They are all standing directly in front of the large, locked
gate of a black, wrought-iron fence; it's about 7 feet tall
and its top consists of ornamental but sharp spikes.  This fence
demarcates the property line of Ashmont Station, but its gate is
open during the day to let people park their cars under the concrete
ramp for T buses.

At this late hour about 11:30pm, there are only about 3 or 4 people
on the sidewalk listening to them play.  K stops the car, and we
get out and walk over as they finish 'Marquee Moon.' Despite it being
extremely cold, Tom has no hat on, but he somehow manages to use his
body's shivering to embellish his vocals.

	Leo

Product Details
Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: Continuum Pub Group; (September 2003)
ISBN: 0826414966
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 2,354,622!