Re: (TV) Reissue note

Was it really Chris Butler who claimed that "In the future people will finally realise that the sound of Television was the sound of Billy's hi-hat". I have a pretty clear memory of reading that passage in a guitar magazine - Guitar Player? - in 1992, and as I remember it, it was engineer Mario Salvati's analysis of the Television sound.

Leif J, Sweden

From: Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Reissue note
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:58:34 +0100

The Billy Ficca Fan Club - open for business!
Thanks to Andy I finally have the 2 reissues. Musically I'd have to echo
the wise words already posted here and give a thumbs-up but what I did
notice was that listening, especially to MM, I found myself listening
more to the drums than anything else. This remastering has really done
Billy's playing a service. What a drummer! I remember Chris Butler
saying awhile ago, "In the future people will finally realise that the
sound of Television was the sound of Billy's hi-hat". His playing
throughout is stunning but especially on MM itself - cymbals sharp
enough to cut through bullshit. What a man.

Forced to complain about anything it would have to be the packaging. I
mean, it looks really good but sliding the old 12" LPs back into the
sleeve even protected by the inner sleeve was risky enough - we all know
that CDs "last for ever" (ha!) but this isn't likely to extend their
life. The pics and booklet notes are nice but the typography in the
Adventure booklet is shoddy - indeed, ugly.

The music, though... ah, well, you know...