(TV) Try this sometime

In the consumerist orgy that included the reissues, I also picked up a Les
Paul compilation.  If you ever get the chance, spin a few Les Paul tracks
and then listen to "LJJ," "Glory," and "Friction" back to back.  I'm not
saying they sound anything alike, but some of the devices (palm-muted
glisses, slid fourths, piercing treble) are certainly similar, as are they
way they're used.  Les Paul was a huge influence on guitarists in the '50s
and it may be something Verlaine picked up by cultural osmosis.  And
"Cultural Osmosis" would make a great band name.