RE: (TV) Reissue opinion

Got mine on Monday - my birthday. Nice present to myself.
Super fast delivery from Reflex in the UK (thanks Andy!).

Definitely superior to the previous CD issues. Rhino have succeeded in
giving us Television fans what we have been begging for for years.

I hadn't actually played either of these albums for ages (too many
bootlegs to listen to!). I'd forgotten what a thrill the Marquee Moon
album gives me whenever I hear the beginning of See No Evil. I haven't
done back to back comparisons with the previous issues but they really
sound fab to my ears. Funny to hear Little Johnny Jewel without scratchy
vinyl noises, though there's lots of tape hiss there. Liner notes for
both CDs are very good, plus great pictures I'd never seen before.

I agree with others' comments about the extra tracks - none of them are
essential, but I'd be the first to complain if they hadn't been added.
On Marquee Moon, I like the extra Marquee Moon, but See No Evil &
Friction just sound wrong! O Mi Amore doesn't "rock" enough, but its
fascinating to hear a studio version finally. The title track of
Adventure is great though, I like the poppy treatment. I also really
like the instrumental Ain't That Nothin' (but not the abrupt end). The
"porno" version of Glory makes me laugh, but ruins a great song.

The packaging looks beautiful, but it'll fall apart after not much use.
I'll bet it cost a lot more to produce than regular jewel case
packaging. I hate having to put my greasy thumb on the CD every time I
extract it from the cover.

To sum up - a superb job by Rhino. All Television fans should get these.
And Torn Curtain still blows me away, what a song!

-Howard