Re: (TV) follow-up to leo (OT)

I believe it was Jack Neitzche on "Cadillac Walk"-not a bad song when I heard the fresh mix played for me by his keyboard & bass player at the Seville Hotel in 1977/78 when we were
Plaing at CB"c for the a'Live at the Rat" record release party.
Lee again

From: Ty Burr <tyburr@mindspring.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) follow-up to leo (OT)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:12:58 -0500

I always considered Mink/Willie DeVille to be a several-generations-removed tangent of New York Brill Building/doo-wop pop rather than anything approaching punk. Hell, he collaborated with Doc Pomus on at least one album.

I had the weird experience of interviewing him back for a mag in the late 80s, when he had sunk to writing the closing credit tune for the movie "The Princess Bride" (which to be fair was a good movie, and the guy even got an Oscar nomination out of it). He was clean (he claimed) and religious (he claimed), and spent most of the interview talking about angels. Which, now that I think of it, sounds like half the people in Hollywood.

Ty