Re: (TV) Joy Division

Hi Henry,

I had never heard Joy Division until 4 years ago when I heard the Body & Soul box. Of course I had heard *of* them for 15-20 years prior to that. I find it interesting that you think the first two JD albums equal TV's first two, because the Body & Soul box didn't even do it for me. I came away wondering "What's the fuss?" I didn't even consider them in the same league as Television.

Now, I must listen again. Perhaps my head wasn't in the right place to hear it at the time.

Thanks for providing me the motivation to do so.

Best regards,

Brian

Henry Biedenkapp <henry17306@hotmail.com> wrote:
>From: Scott Simpson

Very interesting Scott, I'll have to try and unlearn the "sheep" way and try
this.
It's a classic album no matter where you start and I can't see how anyone
can prefer either of the first two albums over the other. They are both
masterpieces - equal to each other and on par with MM and Adventure.

Has anybody ever noticed that if you run the three title together it says:
"Unknown Pleasures Closer Still" Hmm.....

Henry