(TV) Fun With Tom on Stage

>though possibly not "Having Fun With Tom On Stage" which is probably just a **figment of my fevered imagination**.
Hey Keith, given the job you did on the Crossword and your Wonder website, maybe you should follow through on the "Having Fun With Tom On Stage" bit.
I'll even help start you off: (although I'd have to send you the audio of him speaking these  :>)  ):
These are not made up.
1) Tom's voice dripping with contempt and ridicule: "This is the part of the show where like... bands talk about their new albums."  October 1981 Boston concert
2) Tom very nonchalantly in his farm-boy drawl, "This will be our  last tune.........  It's called 'Marquee Moon' .''
3) To the Paradise Club soundman after second song:  "The monitors are too [acoustically] clean; they'd sound a lot better with a  little mud in them."
4) Jokingly, "Excuse us while we tune-up."
5) "This is another new song."
6) "On bass, the illustrious Fred Smith, on drums ...."
7) When the power completely failed in the middle of  "Down on the Farm" at Hampshire College Nov. 1981 concert :
Angrily, "Jeez!"
8) To a member of the audience (at Tom's solo acoustic opening set for The Church) who yelled out between songs asking  why Tom always[sic] cancels his Boston shows: "Because I'm a postage stamp." Boston, Sept 1988
9) To a member of audience shouting out a request:  "There's no way we will be playing 'Friction' tonight".  Three days after beginning of George W.'s war with Iraq.
10) To a member of Boston audience shouting out a request for the song 'Marquee Moon' during 1990 solo acoustic Tour:
Serious but laughing,  "I somehow don't think it would work."

Actually, that's about it!  Not much banter from our taciturn Tom.
	Leo