(TV) television live videos/dvd's / Wilmington

-----Original Message-----
From: Murray Ramone
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 9:24 AM
To: Television-group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Television-group] television live videos/dvd's
>I think there was a couple of songs recorded
>for mtv at the time of the 3rd album, I'm pretty
>sure I've got 2 of them on tape somewhere, call
>mr lee was one of them

There's a least one video (and maybe more) of TV
without Television.

To promote the "Flashlight" album in 1986, TV and
Virgin records[?](or was it Polygram? -----whatever)
created a very nice video for the song "Town Called
Walker".

Now although this song is interesting because it is
purported to be a thinly disguised criticism of the
narrow-mindedness of Wilmington (Delaware), the town
TV spent almost all of his years before moving to NYC,
it's never been one of my favorites because I find
its melody/guitar playing rather pedestrian.

However, the video is quite good; it was very different
from the typical stuff that MTV featured at the time
(e.g., half naked young women, covered in whip cream
trying to knock each other off of a log [Duran Duran?]).

The TV video has him singing (mouthing) the lyrics as he
walks dressed in black with beret through the back
alleys and rubble a some town.  There's a woman dressed
like a ballerina always walking a little ahead of him
(some of you will happy to know it's not Ms Secret X).

	Leo