RE: (TV) Jonathan Letham's novel-Fortress of Solitude

TVers,
I thought this was interesting. I quote from pg. 317 of the above titled 2003 novel:

"'Let's see, Curtis Mayfield, 'We People Who Are Darker Than Blue'--sounds like depression to me.' ... 'Gladys Knight, misery, depression. Johnny Adams, depression. Van Morrison, total fucking depression. Lucinda Williams, give her Prozac. Marvin Gaye, dead. Johnny Ace, dead, tragic.' ... 'Little Willie John, dead. Little Esther and Little Jimmy Scott, sad--all the Littles are sad.' ... 'Brian Wilson, crazy. Tom Verlaine, very
depressed. Even you don't play that record.'"
Lee