Re: (TV) Holiday acquisitions?

In message <00d401c3ce5a$bfeffb20$d9532752@CHEESEMAKER>, Andy Ferguson
<afne04343@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
>It's not the list that hates Weller , just that bugger Keith Allison
>!!!!
>:-)
>He'll be cueing up a white socks joke as we speak .

Dirk wore white socks, but on him they looked good.

I wasn't going to say anything, but my son just made me watch "Grumpy
Old Men" on the idiot box and - hell, I _am_ a grumpy old man. So all I
can say is that I remember thinking In The City was a great record and
then seeing The Jam in a pub in London in '76 or so with their Union
Jack backdrop and Weller's inane and naive drivel about right wing
politics and nothing that he's done since then has made me think that
he's grown up at all. It's true that some people do their growing up in
public (U2 spring to mind) but some people just get older, have no dress
sense and get their hair cut in the dark. Oh, I know he invented
Cappuccino Soul but no-one in their right mind needs that. And I know he
reinvented Eric Clapton, Traffic and, most recently, Humble Pie but,
with the possible exception of Clapton, there wasn't that much wrong
with them first time round. My wife really likes something called (I
think) "You Do Something To Me" but it makes me want to either laugh or
puke - sometimes both - every time I hear it.

Actually, I don't hate Paul W., I just can't see the point of him.

The Eagles, now, there was a band. Why, I remember...
(Grumpy Old Man is given his medication and tucked up in bed. Push the
button and off he goes.)